Thursday 17 May 2007

BREAKFAST @ THE CRUISE


If for nothing else, I would come back to this place for its retro-strips and retro-squares sofas..

Today I went for a cheap breakfast with my cousin in Tanjung Aru at a place called "the Cruise".

Of the three items on offer, I decided to ditch my diet for the day and try out all of them.

The first was Kon-lo Noodle with Minced Chicken, served with coffee or tea. Of course I asked for coffee, but it never intended this entry to be coffee-trashing, so I'll skip on the comments.
The noodle was fine, a generous serving for its price. Tastes okay, nothing to shout about.

Chicken Kon-lo Noodle
Taste 6/10
Value 8/10

The second helping I had was Chicken Porridge. Came in a huge bowl, but only filled up half-way. The porridge was prepared with fine strips of ginger which made it fragrant and appetizing. Though the consistency was a tad bit too fluid for my liking, they were generous with their bits of chicken so at the end it is still okay. Could do better with a dash of sesame oil though.

Chicken Porridge
Taste 6/10
Value 7/10

At the end of the second dish I was too full to continue, so I decided to stop there, and probably come another day for the last offer on the menu, Chicken soup with choice noodle.

Pricing
The price for each dish is RM2.00 plus 15% tax.

Recommendations
Come hungry or don't. Order the kon-lo noodle and don't expect too much from the coffee.


1 comment:

  1. hahaha....
    remember the old day when we have meals together...like at pan bakery, or mamak or KFC....it's always an exciting journey isnt it?!
    And your love for food never ceased! Neither do mine....but cooking more in Australia coz there arent many good asian food around... sigh....but in exchange i've become a rather good cook!

    ReplyDelete