Sunday 29 April 2007

PHILOCOFFEE REBORN

Homosapien coffeephillus

I've taken in coffee ever since I could make sense of my memory. Cooled and heavily sugared was the preparation of choice (as it was made for breakfast) and though it was believed to stunt someone's potential height, I got my way around and still have to sit at the back of the class in school.

Coffee has accompanied my days (or rather nights) preparing for exams throughout secondary school, and those days, I prepared black coffee by the pot. Seriously, a whole pot just for myself. I believe by this over-exposure, I don't get caught up with sleepless night even if I take it for supper.

Appreciation for designer coffee started during Uni days when opportunities and choices were plenty. Just then I swore off Nescafe or any other kind of instant coffee for good. Though not allowed in the dormitory, I kept a drip machine in the room to have fresh brewed coffee every morning. Nothing beats waking up to the smell of real coffee.

For the past few years though I shamefully admit that I've switched back to 3-in-1 just for the sake of convenience. Yea, excuses-smexcuses, I know it has to stop. It's time to get real again.

No comments:

Post a Comment