Sunday 17 June 2007

AZUKI FRAPPUCINNO @ STARBUCKS COFFEE

"Taste the daydream"
- complicated tacky caption or just plain distastefully Japanese?-

By comparison, this is not a new drinjk introduced by Starbucks, since I get to try it about a month back at Kl Central Starbucks. The name is definitely catchy for me, because I like anything and everything Japanese.

The Frap before it's made to affogato

Come to think about it, I now feel that I was cheated into trying it, since I was told that it is a coffee based Frap. On its own, it was a tad bit just too sweet for my liking, and I was wondering where did the coffee taste go? So to spike up my drink, I ordered a cold shot of Espresso to drown it and make it stronger. As I have experienced before, cold Espresso is pretty much necessary to maintain the texture of the Frap, since a hot pour will spoil everything.

I would prefer the red bean chunks to be slightly coarser too, to add to the texture. Bigger straws are a better idea (like the ones in Coffee Bean) rather than the usual individual packed green ones for this.

Being a coffee purist, I'd frown upon any attempts to make fanciful combinations that doesn't really bring out the taste of coffee, but this is one exception, to have it is to have it Affigato, or not at all.

foam

No comments:

Post a Comment