Tuesday 8 January 2008

PRODUCT REVIEW

NUTRIGEN LITE-YO
CAPPUCCINO VANILLA & NATA DE COCO
SUNNY SUPERMARKET, TG ARU
RM 2.50

This is something new, I've never thought that even yogurt can be flavoured with coffee. The smell is a little bit off, imagine a sour smell in your coffee, but the taste is good. Very good, if not for the nata de coco, which in my opinion is totally unnecessary and contributes little to the nutritional value of the whole product. For this I'm going to give it 7.8/10!

POWER ROOT ALICAFE
COFFEE WITH TONGKAT ALI
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.70

This didn't work for me. Generally I think there's too much hoo-haa given to everything tongkat ali, still I can tolerate the 3-in-1 type of the same brand, but the one in the can just did it badly. Yucks. 2.1/10

SUNDROP PREMIUM
MILK COFFEE
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.00

I like my coffee bold, and strong... which means it tend to be a tad bit more bitter than the usual cuppa ordinary people would consume, but I won't define this anything near to bold or strong. If you can imagine drinking charcoal with milk, that's what Sundrop Premium is. Doesn't work at all. 1.95/10

POKKA CAPPUCCINO
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.00

Again one of those that thinks that they'd up the class of their product by calling it cappuccino or espresso or something with coffee jargons... this can of capp tastes like leong-fun jelly, I can't really figure out either its the milk or the coffee actually that makes it taste like that. Just so-so... 5.3/10

POKKA MILK COFFEE
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.00

I can't really differentiate between this can of leong-fun tasting beverage and the one above. If the one before is a cappuccino, I suppose this is their version of latte. But still didn't work for me. 5.3/10

POKKA INSTANT COFFEE
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.00

Of all, this one I don't understand at all... were we not talking about instant coffee all this while? Is it trying to say that this is more time saving than the 3-in-1 type of instant coffee because they already mix it with water? This left me confused but I have to say, that the instant coffee type tastes slightly better than the other two, so I'll give it a 5.4/10.

NESCAFE MOCHA
7-ELEVEN
RM 2.00

Although I have a friend that swears that Nescafe is not coffee, but thank God for Nescafe after all the above. This mocha in a can is my favourite of all the three versions they have, but 7-eleven was out of stock that time. Maybe I'm bias in this, since it's my favourite drink, but hey, it's my rating system. This is a plain 8.9/10!

insomnia tonight...

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good information and i like coffee...
    if some one want to see information about me you can see at www.guideinbali.co.cc for see more information about bali or http://baliguiding.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.Thanks for the great information.gain very good knowledge.

    Regards.

    Tongkat Ali

    ReplyDelete